Thursday, September 29, 2016

Letter #70

August 23rd 

To say that time flies wouldn't even begin to cover how I feel right now! What the holy hannah its almost September?!!
This week really has just flown by. We taught Ignacio and he is just a hoot everytime! haha.
It was cool to see in a lesson we had with him. We asked him "do you know why it is important to come to church?"
And he shook his head no.
Then one of my most favorite things about being a missionary is having the spirit inspire you on what to share and what they need. I felt impressed to read Alma 36: 19-21

19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
 20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
 21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.
And we explained this is why we go to church. Because during the week we make mistakes we are hurt and taking the sacrament is healing. i love how descriptive Alma is here, and who wouldn't want to feel such joy EVERY WEEK? We asked him if he wanted to feel that and he said yes. Then afters a long time, he came to church :)
I love seeing the spirit work and convert people! ah!!

Then something else really cool. So we are teaching Aurora and her family! And when we go over there im always nervous because the daughter throws out hard questions and we get off topic a lot and then it comes down to why we even need the bom! ah
well we had a SUPER inspired lesson. (Which is also something i love is when you plan for lessons and the spirit tells you what they need)  Well we read Mark 9: 23-24
 23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.


We talked about how sometimes we have trails and hard things that test our faith. But those are things that help strengthen that belief. And man was the spirit there and guiding that lesson! AH it was so cool all of them sat just so intently listening and the spirit guided the lesson to talking about fasting and prayer. And Aurora got soo excited about fasting and man, I love seeing how Heavenly Father knows us so personally and what we stand in need of and that he uses us - too little missionaries - to be such great instruments to help his children! I LOVE it so much! 

No comments:

Post a Comment