Sunday, January 31, 2016

Letter #37

December 29th

Oh man so its been a good week! 

Wed.- We had a super long lesson with Kathleen who is getting baptized this Saturday! And it was crazy because there were a lot of last minuet things we had to teach her. It was a little hard because  she wanted to be baptized and all her family is coming in from Utah so we had to get with her a lot! But its getting exciting!!

Christmas Eve was fun! We went and did service at a place called Mandy's Farm! Its where the special needs kids go! Anyway, we went and helped and there was a lady who was working and I would say she was in her late 20s. Well, I got talking with her and she was soooo grateful! She said we helped with 2 days worth of work and that because we helped she would get to spend Christmas Eve with her husband and 4 month old new baby! awww it was great!!! It was sooooo amazingly fun to help others like that!

Then that night we got to go caroling with our members and my violin and man the spirit was sooo strong! ahh i loved it!! :) I loved this Christmas time!!! :)

 On Christmas we opened gifts with the other sisters who live 3 doors down from us! That was fun! I LOVED it! Then we had a spirit filled zone training!!! ahhhhh one of our zone leaders was talking about how the atonement was sooo amazing and soo personal!  

I can't remember if he said it was from a talk.... he didn't say which talk, but he was saying we know that an angel came to Christ to help comfort him. Think what must have been said. What could possibly been said to Christ to comfort him in that time? I'm sure the angel said, "Look I know this is so hard. I know it may seem like you can't go on. You might feel like you can't go on. This must be the worst pain you have ever possibly been in. This must be excruciating pain. But Sister Markus needs this. She needs you to be able to carry on. To go through her trials and to have hope and comfort so she can be with you and her Heavenly Father and her family again. Sister Markus needs you! And I know with out a doubt that you were on His- Jesus Christs mind! That he clearly thought of you and that is what kept him going!!!

Saturday was ErvIn's baptism. My companion has been sick so that has been hard. But Kathleen came to the baptism but she walks with two canes and so we had to help her since it snowed a ton after Christmas. So we would lay down one towel and then she would walk on it....... lay down another towel.... she would walk on it, pick up the first one we laid down and did that till she got inside and to her car! It was great! Just know Christ would have done it! :)

So then crazy, Sunday there was "so much snow" they cancelled church! 
In all my 19 years of life church has never been cancelled!? what the... the worst part is we were driving to church already when we got the call! hahaha people were crazy! but ready...

so Kathleen has to go to church 2 times before she gets baptized! Shes only been once..... this Sunday was going to be her second time.  Her family is coming in town and she HAS to be baptized this Saturday... BUT CHURCH WAS CANCELLED!!! (which also means Ervin didn't get confirmed!~)

So we call our district leaders to ask them what we do, they call the zone leaders, and the zone leaders call the assistant to president! ah and,,,, she HAD to go to church, the only church that wasn't cancelled was up in ABQ- an hour away! 

So we called Kathleen and told her, she was not feeling good, she has a lot of medical problems. But she said, I need and I want to be baptized Saturday, I will go get dressed! We got permission to leave our area, and drove an hour to chruch! That was cool, I mean soooo cool!!!!!!!! She was truly acting in faith! She could have said.  no I will wait until next week, or even say no this isn't worth it! But she said she was sooo mad at Satan for making her feel like this.......so she was going!! ahhhh soooo coooL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So she went to church and now she will be baptized this Saturday!!!! :)

Then yesterday we had an awesome zone conference! ahhh it was a good week! I am still learning to love my companion, I have a hard time showing that love to people I don't know, and when I feel like we are sooo different.... its HARD! But I know I need to learn to do it.... it will be good.. oh also Kathleen was telling us she needed to get baptized the 2nd to start the new year off clean!!! ahhhhh!!


I love you all! I hope you have an amazing week!!!! :)


Sister Markus :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment